The safety and wellbeing of our young people is a key priority for everyone at Parrs Wood High School and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff, volunteers and our wider school community to share this commitment.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is: Mrs M. Dean (Assistant Headteacher)
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding Policy and our Prevent Duty Statement.
Our highly qualified team of Safeguarding staff provide an inclusive, child centred approach to all safeguarding, child protection and welfare matters.
Have a Concern for a Child’s Safety or Welfare?
Should parents or members of the public have any safeguarding or welfare concerns about one of our students, or any young person in the local community, they should report it.
We understand that it can be difficult as a parent to know when to alert professionals to concerns but we ask you to be vigilant and report all concerns regarding children or staff members, no matter how small. Often, this can help form part of the bigger picture of an incident or situation.
Ways to Report a Concern
Contact the school on 0161 446 8640 and ask to speak to a member of the Safeguarding Team, or use The SHARP System or KOOTH.
Alternatively, you can report to the following professionals:
- Manchester – manchester.gov.uk/info/266/childrens_services
- Stockport – stockport.gov.uk/topic/keeping-children-safe
- Trafford – trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/service.page?id=ZCYE1Cn8vcM
School Engagement Officer
Schools in Greater Manchester have been given their very own School Engagement Officer (SEO). An SEO will be on hand to help support both pupils and teachers to make our school a safe place. Learn more…
For the latest Safeguarding Policy please visit our policies page.