The opportunity to experience new subjects, new activities and make new friends at a bigger school is often met with great enthusiasm. At Parrs Wood, we also understand that whilst some students feel this way, some may feel nervous and anxious at the thought of starting at a new school. For most, it’s normally a little bit of both!
To ensure that our new Year 7 students’ transition from primary school is as seamless and stress-free as possible, Parrs Wood has a very effective and highly-regarded transition programme in place.
Current circumstances mean we can’t run the transition programme we hoped to, but we’re still going to make sure you get the chance to find out more about the school, hear from your new teachers and take part in some monthly challenges ahead of September.
Meet our Transition Team
Director of Transition - Miss E Foster
Head of Learning for Year 7 - Mr P Heron
Family Liaison Officer - Mrs J Mannion
Assistant SENDCo - Mrs M Palmer
Key messages and updates
- My Journey to School - Mrs Esposito Watch Video
- Starting high school - Eat all your worries away! Watch Video
- Video update from Mr Heron Watch Video
- Welcome message from Ms Hodgkins Watch Video
- Welcome message from Miss Foster Watch Video
- Welcome message from Mr Heron Watch Video
- Welcome message from Mrs Palmer Watch Video
Getting to know your new school
- Information about uniform from our supplier Monkhouse
- Transition newsletter
- Library & Independent Learning Centre
- Nurture support
- EAL support
- Break Times
- Moving around the building